Counsellor – Part-Time
Counsellor – part-time
Fixed term until 31 December 2021 (with possible extension), £28,785 – £29,636 (pro-rata), NJC Scale Point 25 – 26
Hours of work
30 hours per week (Monday-Sunday) hours/days to be agreed
Current remote working from home due to Covid-19 restrictions providing online/telephone counselling. This post will then be based in the City (with possible travel to outreach locations). Travel is required as part of this role and so access to a vehicle and the ability to travel across Nottinghamshire is required.
To deliver a high quality counselling service to survivors of sexual violence (aged 16+) which is safe, ethical and effective and supports key outcomes.
- Managing a caseload of clients and providing short- long term counselling sessions
- To undertake rigorous clinical assessments and identify and action needs/risks and safeguarding matters appropriately and in a timely manner
- To formulate, plan and monitor effective support plans with clients
- Liaise effectively with key personnel and colleagues to contribute to the safe and productive day to day running of the counselling service
Essential experience, qualifications & skills
- Degree in Humanistic Counselling
- BACP/UKCP accredited or registered
- Experience of conducting Risk Assessments
- An understanding of the impact of sexual violence and trauma
Further information or requirements
- Applicants who successfully pass the initial set questions will be sent an application pack. A completed application form is needed in order to fully apply for this post.
- Travel across Nottinghamshire will be required as part of this role and so the ability to travel across Nottinghamshire is required.
- Successful applicants will be subject to DBS vetting.
- Applicants must have a valid Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Level 3 Certificate prior to starting this role.
Closing date: 10am on 16th November
Interview date: 23rd or 24th November.
If you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions you are welcome to download an application pack (below):
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?
- Do you have a degree in Humanistic Counselling?
- Are you accredited/registered with BACP or UKCP?
- Do you have an awareness and understanding of sexual violence and its impact?
- Do you have extensive experience of conducting risk/needs assessments & management of a case load?