Counsellor/Therapist – Permanent Position – £30,095 (pro-rata) for Registered Counsellors, £30,984 (pro-rata) for Accredited Counsellors
Current hybrid remote working from home and in the office providing face to face, online and telephone counselling. This post is based in the City (with possible travel to outreach locations across Nottinghamshire).
NJC Scale Point:
SCP 25 – £ 30,095 (pro-rata) – registered counsellor
SCP 26 – £30,984 (pro-rata) – accredited counsellor
Hours of work
30 hours worked in 5 shifts Monday – Sunday
To deliver a high-quality counselling service to survivors of sexual violence (aged 18+) which is safe, ethical and effective and supports key outcomes.
- Managing a caseload of clients and providing short- long term counselling sessions
- To undertake rigorous clinical assessments and identify and action needs/risks and safeguarding matters appropriately and in a timely manner
- To formulate, plan and monitor effective support plans with clients
- Liaise effectively with key personnel and colleagues to contribute to the safe and productive day to day running of the counselling service
Essential experience, qualifications, and skills:
- Degree in Counselling
- BACP/UKCP accredited or registered
- Experience of conducting Risk Assessments
- Have in-depth knowledge of issues affecting people who have experienced sexual violence, both recent and non-recent
- Experience of delivering a wide range of therapeutic approaches to mental health problems and experience of routine outcome monitoring & ability to meet agreed specified service targets.
- Excellent IT and interpersonal skills
If you are able to answer ‘yes’ to the following questions, you are welcome to apply:
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?
- Do you have a degree in Humanistic Counselling?
- Are you accredited/registered with BACP or UKCP?
- Do you have an awareness and understanding of sexual violence and its impact?
- Do you have experience of conducting Risk/Needs Assessments & management?
Applicants who successfully pass the initial set questions will be sent an application pack. A completed application form is needed to fully apply for this post.
Successful applicants will be subject to DBS vetting. Applicants must have a valid Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Level 3 Certificate prior to starting this role.
CLOSING DATE: N/A
INTERVIEW DATES: To be confirmed.