Female* Senior Helpline Worker – Part-Time (Fixed-Term for 1 year, with possible extension)
£23,836 pro-rata, 20 hours per week, worked: Monday & Tuesday 3:00 pm to 7:45 pm; Thursday 9:30 am to 2:30 pm; Friday 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated person to join our busy Helpline team
To facilitate and co-ordinate the effective delivery of the Helpline Service and to provide supervision/support to Volunteer Support Workers working on the Helpline
- To ensure that the support provided to survivors over the Helpline is safe and ethical and consistently delivered to a high standard in accordance with Notts SVSS’ policies and procedures, and in accordance with BACP’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice
- Overseeing the Helpline shifts as necessary and answering calls to the Helpline when required
- To support the Helpline Co-ordinator in the day to day course of their work and work in accordance with direction from the Helpline Co-ordinator
- To assist in processing all incoming referrals (including associated paperwork and data entry onto DPMS system) in a timely manner
- To assist in booking Initial Assessments (including accurate entry on Skedda room booking system) and submitting all outgoing communications to clients accurately and confidentially in this regard
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Counselling or support work qualification and/or experience
- An awareness and understanding of sexual violence and its impact, together with trauma and PTSD
- Experience of conducting risk/needs assessments & management
- Experience of supervising volunteers (desirable)
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations
- Liaising with voluntary and statutory sector organisations
- Experience of telephone helpline work (desirable)
Further Information or Requirements
*Because of the nature of this post, it is only open to female applicants and is exempt under Schedule 9 Part 1 Equalities Act 2010.
Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (or equivalent)
Closing Date: Monday 1 July 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 11 July 2019
If you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions, you are welcome to apply for this role using the downloadable application pack (below)
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?
- Do you have counselling or support work experience?
- Do you have experience of dealing with difficult situations?
- Do you have experience of carrying out risk assessments?