Lead Therapist – 2 Vacancies
Lead Therapist (permanent role), SCP 30 – £33,782 per annum, 37.5 hours a week.
Nottinghamshire in Outreach Locations, City Centre Base at Chaucer Street
Hours of Work
37.5-hours (with some evening and weekend work as required):
Monday –Sunday Days and Shift Times TBC at Interview
To supervise the therapy team, provide face to face counselling and participate in the development and provision of the Asa Hub and Therapy Service.
Nottinghamshire Sexual Violence Support Services (Notts SVS Services) has been successful in securing a long-term contract to deliver the Asa Adult Sexual Violence & Abuse Hub and Therapy Services for Nottinghamshire.
This will enable survivors of sexual abuse to access clinical assessments of risks and needs within 7 days of referral to Notts SVS Services together with timely access to counselling and therapy.
In order to facilitate this, we are expanding our team of high-quality therapists/counsellors. In order to ensure that we have sufficient support in place for the therapy team, we are looking to recruit Lead Therapists.
The Lead Therapist will have extensive experience of working with a wide range of Mental Health conditions and trauma/complex PTSD, delivering evidence-based psychological therapies to those identified as experiencing common mental health problems. The Lead Therapist will also have a proven track record in line management, service development and co-ordination of service delivery.
Some evening/weekend work and management on-call is an essential part of this role.
- To establish and model good practice in the counselling of survivors of sexual violence (age 16+)
- To ensure that the counselling provided is delivered to a high standard, in accordance with BACP’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice and under appropriate clinical supervision
- To undertake Hub and Clinical Assessments
- To assist the Counselling Co-ordinator in the day to day running of the Hub and Therapy services operation
- To contribute to the ongoing development, monitoring and evaluation of the Hub and Therapy services, including accurate
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Counselling
- Extensive post qualification experience
- Accredited with BACP or UKCP
- Experience of delivering a wide range of therapeutic approaches to mental health problems and experience of routine outcome monitoring & ability to meet agreed specified service targets
- Have in-depth knowledge of issues affecting people who have experienced sexual violence, both recent and non-recent
- Excellent line management, IT and interpersonal skills
Further information or requirements
- Applicants who successfully pass the initial set questions will be sent an application pack. A completed application form is needed in order to fully apply for this post.
- Travel across Nottinghamshire will be required as part of this role and so the ability to travel is required.
- Successful applicants will be subject to DBS vetting.
If you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions you are welcome to download an application pack (below)
- Do you have a degree in Counselling?
- Are you accredited with the BACP or UKCP?
- Do you have experience of managing a team?
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?
- Do you have experience of meeting targets?
Download Application Pack:
Closing Date: 15 April 2021, 12 noon
Interview Date: 28 April 2021