Part-Time Counsellor(s) – 30 hours per week
Counsellor(s) – 30 hrs per week – fixed term until 31 March 2021 (with possible extension)
£28,785 – £29,636 (pro-rata), NJC Scale Point 25 – 26
To deliver a high quality counselling service to survivors of sexual violence (aged 0+) which is safe, ethical and effective and supports key outcomes
Hours of work
30 hours per week, days and hours to be agreed
Current remote working from home due to Covid-19 restrictions providing online/telephone counselling. This post will then be based in Nottingham (with possible travel to outreach locations). Travel is required as part of this role and so access to a car is needed.
- Managing a caseload of clients and providing long term counselling sessions;
- To undertake rigorous clinical assessments and identify and action needs/risks and safeguarding matters appropriately and in a timely manner
- To formulate, plan and monitor effective support plans with clients
- Liaise effectively with key personnel and colleagues to contribute to the safe and productive day to day running of the counselling service
Essential experience, qualifications and skills
- Degree in Humanistic Counselling
- BACP/UKCP accredited or registered
- Experience of conducting Risk Assessments
- An understanding of the impact of sexual violence and trauma
Further information or requirements
- Applicants who successfully pass the initial set questions will be sent an application pack. A completed application form is needed in order to fully apply for this post.
- Travel across Nottinghamshire will be required as part of this role and so access to a vehicle is required.
- Successful applicants will be subject to DBS vetting
- Applicants must have a valid Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Certificate prior to starting this role.
CLOSING DATE: 12 noon, 17 August
INTERVIEW DATE: 7, 8, 9 September
If you can answer ‘Yes’ to the following questions, you are welcome to download an application pack (below):
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?
- Do you have a degree in Humanistic Counselling?
- Are you accredited/registered with BACP or UKCP?
- Do you have an awareness and understanding of sexual violence and its impact?
- Do you have experience of conducting risk/needs assessments & management?