Part-Time Counsellor (Fixed term for one year, with possible extension).
We are looking for an experienced person to join our friendly team providing counselling to survivors of sexual violence aged 13 and above.
NJC Scale Point 26, £29,636 (pro-rata), 30 hours a week.
Hours of Work
30 hours per week, as follows:
- Monday & Tuesday – 11:30 am to 7:30 pm
- Wednesday & Thursday – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
To provide face to face counselling and participate in the provision of the counselling service.
- To deliver a high quality counselling service to survivors of sexual violence (aged 13+) which is safe, ethical and effective and supports key outcomes
- Managing a caseload of clients and providing both time limited and longer term sessions as required;
- To undertake rigorous clinical assessments and identify and action needs/risks and safeguarding matters appropriately and in a timely manner
- To formulate, plan and monitor effective support plans with clients
- To contribute to the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the counselling service, including accurate updating of database systems
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in humanistic counselling, with extensive post-qualification experience
- BACP or UKCP Accreditation
- An awareness and understanding of sexual violence and its impact
- Experience of conducting risk/needs assessments & management
- Experience of working with or knowledge of trauma and PTSD
Further Information or Requirements
Successful applicants will be subject to DBS vetting
Closing date: 27 November 2019
Interview date: 5 December 2019
If you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions you are welcome to download an application pack (below)
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?
- Do you have a degree in humanistic counselling?
- Are you BACP or UKCP Accredited?
- Do you have extensive experience in counselling provision?
1 DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
2 DOWNLOAD PERSON SPECIFICATION
3 DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
4 DOWNLOAD EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
5 DOWNLOAD EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES MONITORING FORM – to be sent back separately