We’re looking for Trustees
Could you join our Committee of Trustees and help develop Notts SVS Services for the future?
We have supported survivors of rape, sexual violence and childhood sexual abuse for over 35 years. Our team of highly qualified and skilled professionals and our excellent reputation for providing free of charge services to people of all genders and backgrounds means that we are recognised as a vital organisation in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. We offer:
- helpline and email support
- face-to-face counselling
- therapeutic group support
- online Creating Safety course
- access to creative therapies
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisor service for survivors reporting to police stations and courts
- Specialist Support to Survivors of Institutional Child Sexual Abuse
- We also campaign to raise awareness and challenge misconceptions and offer training to other organisations.
We are looking for committed, dynamic and passionate people to join our Committee of Trustees. We are particularly interested in recruiting trustees from a legal, HR and financial background.
The role, whilst it is unpaid, is a fulfilling one. You will have the opportunity to contribute your expert knowledge, learn new skills, gain valuable experience at Board level, and have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped make a difference to the lives of survivors of sexual violence living in Nottinghamshire. The basic commitment is to attend a 2 hour, bi-monthly meeting and to be available to respond to emails between meetings.
Application packs can be downloaded below.
We are striving to become an Equal Opportunities Employer. At present there is no wheelchair access to the Notts SVS Serices Office. Because of the nature of this post, it is only open to female applicants and is exempt under Schedule 9 Part 1 Equalities Act 2010.